Navigate Conscious Creativity For Boundary Breaking Future Solutions
For a future where we flourish as active role players, we need to look at where we are today and what we need to anchor in tomorrow. At the centre of what is possible, lies the processes of creativity. We invite you to join us on our cruise to explore your own skill set within an environment that breeds openness, adaptability, and interconnected collaboration to reach new horizons and views of what is possible.
You will leave knowing what questions to ask to find new solutions for a fast-shifting world. You will be asked to think critically, solve complex problems or find exciting ways to approach tasks. Be willing to look at things from a unique perspective, to learn as you go and to be resilient and flexible. You may feel blindfolded, but you will find a way to explore this VUCA world by applying discipline and grit, by having a never-give-up-attitude, to look at all situations with a problem-solving approach and have the determination to fight till you reach calmer shores.
You will actively engage to navigate:
- An open-mind and positive attitude to see a better world even if it is fast-changing. Your outward-looking approach and an eye on shifts in the environment and enhanced agility will allow you to identify and grab growth opportunities.
- Determination and discipline to reach outcomes, to assess and to employ sound planning are the characteristics of a successful future.
- Playfulness and risk taking, having fun, making mistakes, and enjoy applying ideas and materials. We will allow you to break the norms, create new ones, to be curious and to take risks and to use collaboration to leapfrog towards your goals.
- Collaborate with people from multiple disciplines to reach a superior solution for a common objective. See the value it adds to aid problem-solving, group competence, organisational learning, and the impact on building a stronger team or organisation.
- Come Curious, ask questions and be under-determined. The super confident hero personality is not welcome in the future, believe you will learn something from others, and you will!
- Be conscious of your position in this world, your role and your impact on maintaining the balance, your contributions, and that of other people, and apply this to create sustainable products, content, and systems to ensure a future we all want.
- Creativity today is to develop new ideas and approaches for use as speculative solutions for the future. Apply speculative design to look at today’s societal problems, what they may result in in the future, project scenarios, your personal worries, and leave with the toolset to create your own solutions to the issues that lie in the future today.
Karen’s vision is guiding people to discover their own potential and helping them to define and achieve their goals. Her passion is the development of people of all ages and in all environments.
As a registered NBI whole-brain practitioner and master trainer , she leads companies to achieve goals, improve communication and to levels of greater understanding. Developing material and guiding organisations to effectively employ and tap into the diversity of thinking styles in the workplace to produce future role players and economic contributors, to the benefit of both parties, is an exciting role she gets to play. She achieves this through developing material which is both engaging and applicable to the specific needs of the organisation. Her highly interactive sessions are delivered in a passionate and energetic manner backed up by solid factual content. It is her motto to “Bring people to solutions not solutions to people”. Karen says, ‘I am encouraged by the solutions that have been reached by those I have had the privilege to guide along the path of discovery’.
Her background lies in the financial sector of the building industry, but she has more than a decade’s experience in corporate, public and educational sectors specialising in whole-brain development, creativity, training and public speaking. She is a regular keynote speaker and has presented at numerous conferences globally.
Her formal qualifications includes degrees in Applied Psychology in the Professional Context (Industrial and Organisational). She is a recipient of an Excellence in Creativity Award and a Beyonder Award from the South African Creativity Foundation. She has co-authored Taking you Beyond with Liesl Schoonwinkel which has been published in three different languages.
She has worked with organisations such as World Health Organisation’s Council on Health Research and Development Geneva, GASCO Abu Dhabi, Clearstream Deutsche Boerse and Bank in Europe and Ireland, Cognizant Spain, Celgene Denmark, Care Concept Germany, Barclays, Nedbank Motor Finance Corporation, ACSA (Airports Company South Africa), ABSA Private Bank, Bank Windhoek Namibia, Montego, Global Education and Leadership Foundation India, WOW Factors India, Creative Education Foundation (USA), Tswane University of Technology and The Education Department Eastern Cape South Africa.
Liesl believes that the success of any organisation is determined by the individual contribution of its employees. As a registered Whole-Brain Master Trainer and accredited Creativity Specialist, Liesl applies her knowledge and experience to the development of individuals so that they can make a productive contribution to the sustained success of their own careers and their organisation.
By designing and facilitating unique learning experiences, Liesl engages inidividuals in their own development and self-mastery. Because she takes great care to understand the challenges and needs of every client, Liest delivers relevant information, practical understanding and the development of applicable skills. Liesl involves every delegate with her interactive and lively presentations.
She also does career guidance in a private practice. She has co-authored “Taking You Beyond” – the first university-accredited online career development programme turned into a hard-copy publication. She presents a community upliftment training programme to improve teaching at schools. She coaches corporate leadership skills and mentoring for a better future. She is a corporate trainer, coach, career counsellor, keynote speaker, MC and conference weaver.